Pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

Sightseeing

St. Basil's Cathedral
This past weekend I got to go sightseeing! My roommate from Belgium went the week before so he knew how to get us around even with the language barrier. First of all, the subway is way cheaper then New York. Luckily, the kiosks had English and Russian so printing a metro card isn't too difficult. The metro is also much deeper then in New York. It's a couple minutes on the escalator to get down to the bottom. But the nicest thing about the Moscow metro is that it's very clean! They take pride in it and it's very well kept. After about 10 minutes on the metro we arrived at our destination. When we first walked out of the tunnel we were right outside the Kremlin walls! We walked around to the entrance to Red Square and all of the sudden boom there it was! St. Basil Cathedral, Lenin's tomb, etc. We had a great time and I enjoyed every moment. Enjoy!

The Best Company of them all--The Bolshoi!

My first metro card.

Roommate Janos in the metro. 

Hot Dog place in the metro.

Red Square!

The Kremlin

Lenin's Tomb

 *Addendum from my mom:  When your Dad and I were kids, it would have been practically impossible for an American to stand where you are standing.  This picture, right here, drove home the fact that you are in such a rare position to become an ambassador for good between the Russian and American communities.

Been there!  

This was still a very difficult week, but things are getting better.  I am very good friends with my roommate and being able to get out of the school and see this beautiful city lifted my spirits for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment