Pages

Thursday, January 30, 2014

A New Beginning!

Hello Everyone!

I have officially been here for 2 weeks now and am back into the swing of things. My body and brain hurt everyday, and I'm loving it.

This semester has been such a nice new start because I knew how to better prepare myself for it (food, clothes, etc.). It's an exciting time, many ballet performances coming up including: Don Quixote, Sleeping Beauty, Swan Lake and Flames of Paris. Also, the school is performing La Fille Mal Gardee, so I will get to go see that. Unfortunately, I've been here for too short a time to perform with the school but it's completely normal. I've also discovered a new routine this semester which is nice. More sleep, better eating habits, study time, etc. On top of that, I fell better fed this semester as I consumed 4 lbs of Peanut Butter, a family size container of Cocoa and a pack of Oreos. I must say that the Russian Language is one of the hardest things I've had to learn academically speaking; it just never seems to make sense. But, I'm working on it and I'm getting better everyday.

Ballet Classes have been brutal, as usual. My legs, arms, neck, back, feet, toes, calves, thighs, hips, and anything else you can think of hurt. There's something so addicting about torturing the body to do beautiful things. However, I feel very lucky to be able to be here. The knowledge I am gaining about ballet is of the purist form and I treasure it more then anything else.

The sun is coming back to Moscow, which makes me very happy because the amount of general light there is has a great influence on my mood. By the time we've finished barre, there's a sun in the sky. Before, it was dark until the class was over. I can't wait until there's sun to wake up to. Because waking up, showering, going to breakfast, stretching and warming up is hard to do in the dark. Especially when I just want to go back to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. I think that some sadomasochists might agree with your comment about pain. Luckily you aren't one of them ;)

    ReplyDelete