Pages

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Exam Week

I have a my very first ballet exam in on Thursday! Our class has been working hard and it's time to get our game on. We have been fortunate to have such a good teacher to yell and shout for the past few months, even if it is a bit upsetting. Also, I, along with a few of my classmates will be auditioning for the winter performance. I'll be doing two variations (solos) so wish me luck!

We've finally gotten some snow over here in Russia and let me tell you, it's cold here. I am still fretting over whether I am going to be able to come home since the school still hasn't given me my passport back*.

We went to eat sushi for my friends birthday and we had lot's fun! I, however, do not like sushi, but it was still fun! It was cool going.  While I was sitting there, I realized I was sitting at the table with people from all over the world: Japanese, Italian, Romanian Chinese, Belgian, American, Canadian and of course Russian. I am so fortunate to be here and experience things like this.  Truly amazing.

And now the audition:
This was one of my two solos. I was unable to film the first one sorry :(

BOOM!
Two days of classes, one day of rest, and then exam day was finally here. First off, I got my solid 8 hours of sleep. Second off, I was up at 7, stretching and warming up with a good breakfast in my belly. We were all very nervous, but we had some laughs! I'm very glad we get along so well, it makes the experience here so much more tolerable.  

Us in the hallway before exam. I hate the dark mornings.

I love dancing. I am learning how to display this so that others can feel my joy. I feel that I can display it,  but then my feet stop pointing, my jumps isn't as high, etc. That's what I've been thinking about this semester, learning the gesture of the movements, while keeping the quality of the technique high. I wouldn't say I was perfect, but I worked hard and results take patience.  I have plenty of patience to become a good dancer. Unfortunately, relationships with the other teachers are a bit bad with my teacher. One teacher saved me and convinced the other teachers to give me a passable score, I am forever in that teachers debt. I hope the other teachers will someday be fair towards my teacher and his classes. It is unfair that they score because of the way the feel towards Kuznetsov personally. However, the good thing is that we all passed and are moving on to become artists. We felt like the exam went well and our teacher was happy. We were happy. One step closer to graduating from this school. 

Our teacher is a brilliant and very good man. When I first arrived here, I did not like him but it was because I didn't understand him. I didn't understand what he wanted, what he was trying to tell our class. Even now I don't know all of what he means, but I understand some. His knowledge of ballet is incredible and I hope to someday learn all he knows. We are all so happy it's finally over. Assignment from my teacher: Read Lord of the Flies. I'm ready to sleep.

From the left: Me, Tomoya, Viktalik, Grisha, Janos, Ballet instructor, Pianist, Sergei, Rafiel and Tolik.
*They waited until nearly the last minute, but the Passport with an extended visa is now in hand.  I am going home.

2 comments:

  1. Bailee loved your solo. She said you were amazing. Merry Christmas! We love you here in Idaho Falls! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes you are just incredibly amazing. Welcome home for Christmas Isaac!

    ReplyDelete