Pages

Monday, December 2, 2013

Something Special

When going to see a performance no matter the art, you are going to see something special, whether it is a beautiful painting, a singer, or a dancer etc. In our classes, my teacher has been trying to beat into our sometimes uncooperative  minds that we need to show something special in our dancing, something that makes people say, "Wow, I've never seen/felt anything like that before."

The key to achieving this is making your audience feel something special. Once you can impress your teacher, the audience will be in pieces.

The technique will come with hard and smart working, most of the time. But being a true artist, is something that cannot be taught. Yes, you can copy the little tilt of the head or the gesture of your hand from your teacher, however that is not special. It's like re-releasing a film that came out 20 or 30 years ago (ahem Star Wars). Yes it was special, but we don't want to see it again, we're ready for something different!

In two weeks we have a ballet exam; it is my first. From what I've collected from other students, a ballet exam involves all of the teachers from the school coming and watching an entire class. They grade each student on a 5 point system, 5 being the highest. It is a very nerve-wracking thing and it scares me to show so many ballet experts an hour and forty minutes of my dancing.

But I came here to be challenged and it is a great challenge.

Besides most of my life dancing and learning Russian, I had a wonderful thanksgiving and am enjoying life in a big city. The metro isn't so scary anymore and nearly being hit by a car on a daily basis is becoming normal. Currently, I am preparing for Christmas time (lights, snowflake stickers on the windows, Christmas music). My friend and I are going to go see if we can find a tree that's a little cheaper then the 2 foot $60 dollar one at our grocery store. However, now I must go stretch and do my Russian Language homework. This language  better be worth it!

~Isaac


Donate at www.isaacsanders.org! Just $5,000 to go!
Like subscribe and share my videos!http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNDv-FaHut-_M5cMfGv9V6w
Like my Facebook page!https://www.facebook.com/helpisaactaketheleap

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Issac for the insight. I wish you well in your exams and hunt for a tree.

    ReplyDelete