Pages

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Mom's View: So Glad to Have Him Home


After 31 hours of travel, Isaac arrived home at almost midnight on December 23rd.  This probably sounds absurd, but I saved dinner for him.  By the time we retrieved his luggage and drove the hour home from the airport, we sat down to dinner at about 1:30 in the morning.  (I did feed the rest of the family sandwiches and what-not through the day, but the roast and homemade rolls were saved for later.)  We ate dinner, enjoyed some chatter, unpacked the essentials and hugged a bunch, then hit the hay.

Several weeks before he came home, I was instructed to not prepare noodles of any kind, hot dogs, nasty soup or hot cereal (unless it had lots of honey).  Any time I can have help choosing a menu, I welcome the input, but doing without pasta is a little tricky for a family of our size.  No matter.  It is only for a few precious days.  

We are 99% sure he'll be going back to Russia in January.  In that short amount of time, I plan on getting my next five and a half months worth of hugs in.  Sorry, son.  It must be known.  You will find me wrapping my arms around you at any random moment of the day.

I am
so glad to have him home.


No comments:

Post a Comment